2013. I couldn't honestly tell you where the heck 2012 went...it came and gone, along with so many other things...including my vow in my previous post to bring this blog back to life. Whoops. I thought the tail end of 2012 might slow down a bit - ya know, take some time with family for the holidays, have those lazy winter mornings where you can sit in bed drinking tea and watching Friends re-runs, watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation for the 1289634782th time and laugh my face off, re-teach myself how to wrap Christmas gifts since I'm horrible at it...the usual. Needless to say, while all of that DID happen, I had to make sure I didn't blink so I wouldn't miss it all. And here I am, all confident and naive like "oh yea, I've got control of time and I'm going to make SURE it slows down." HAH, nice try, Courtney. Mother Nature is currently laughing at me right now. Despite the insanity that 2012 brought, I can look back and say it was legitimately one of the best years of my life. November brought one of the biggest blessings: my boyfriend became my fiance! I've probably been dreaming about this moment since I first fell in love with him...and dreaming about my wedding since, well, forever. Typical...BUT, I must say, I am WAY more excited for a marriage than for a wedding. Forever with this guy?! Yes, yes, and yes. SIGN ME UP. Done. BFFs. C&T. The Yeagerbombs. Mistah and Missus. I'm embarrassing myself...you get the idea.
Sooo, since that little surprise put me on a bit of a timeline for 2013, I'm hoping I'll be able to get a better grip on life...hope being the key word there. I really am enjoying every second of it so far...and we're only 25 days in. My mind still tends to run on full speed all day and all night - thank goodness for one of my truest friends and beautiful bridesmaids, Miss Karla - she constantly reminds me how precious life is and how important it is to slow down and treasure it all. Amen, sister. And we both know that I need to hear that...day after day after day. I should figure out how to make that saying my alarm clock somehow. There's so much I'm changing about my lifestyle, attitude and general mindset as I head further into 2013, much of what she has influenced. I just love it when you have those people in your life that you know were put there for a reason...I make sure I count my blessings for this one, and for all those lovely ladies I'm lucky to call my best friends...so spoiled with special people. :) A sappysappysappy tangent, but necessary.
So. 2013. We finally meet. I like you a whole lot, so far. I have a feeling your other 11 months won't disappoint either. And, to my poor, abandoned blog...let's reunite, shall we? Deal.
I'm spending tonight hanging out with my mom and Trav watching Downtown Abbey re-runs. Does life get any better?
Here's 12 things happy people do differently. In 2013, I want to conquer them all.
C.

No comments:
Post a Comment