Monday, July 30, 2012

7 months feels like 7 days.

So...it's been 7 months since I last posted on this blog. I could dish out all kinds of excuses like how I was working 12 hour days, or maybe traveling a lot, or even just didn't feel like posting. Reality is, none of those are entirely true. Time just kept moving, and it went a little faster than I could keep up. In my last post, I spoke with such confidence about overcoming the challenges I knew 2012 would bring me, embracing the new experiences I would encounter and living in the moment. I can honestly say I've succeeded in that regard, but now that the first day of August is two days away, I'm in shock. Here's a general overview of what my life has consisted of in the last 7 months:

Took our anniversary trip to Napa. Rode a zamboni at a Sharks game. Won a phototshoot at SCU with Trav. Got Lasik surgery. Made multiple amazing friendships. Celebrated 1 year at MoFo. Watched my best friend graduate from SFSU, and many other of my favorites graduate from SCU. Wine tasted in Paso Robles. Gasped at the fact that I've been an SCU alumni for a year. Bought and watched every single episode of Boy Meets World. Tested and became a notary. Celebrated the first Nolet cousin get married. Fulfilled my lifelong dream of going to an Earth, Wind & Fire concert. Saw Les Miserables in San Francisco 6 years after falling in love with it in London. Stayed up until early hours of the morning watching the Olympics...

...just to name a few.

I thought high school was the faster 4 years of my life. Then I went to college, and fast didn't even begin to cover the speed in which it went by. Now that I have no essays and tests to consume my nights, my bedtime seems to come a lot quicker and the mornings come a lot earlier. What is happening?! Time for a breather. I'm bringing this blog back to life, while simultaneously attempting to slow time down. Wish me luck.

The world can't possibly end in 2012. I still have WAY too much living to do.

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment